Visitor Operations Serving Host
Hourly rate £10.50 per hour
31 days holiday (including bank holidays)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Visitor Operations Serving Host to join our experienced team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who will be responsible for the smooth running of a new cafe venture situated next to Barley Hall.
The key purpose of this role is to maintain the presentation of the café setting, serve well presented, local food and drink to visitors and provide historical interpretation on the building and content based on research and information provided by the York Archaeological Trust, whilst adhering to food hygiene policies and guidelines.
We are looking to fill full time and part time posts. Contracted hours to be discussed at interview. You will be required to work weekends and bank holidays.
What we offer:
- Company pension scheme where the Trust and employee each pay 3.5% of total earnings
- 31 days paid annual leave (23 days + 8 Bank Holidays), rising to 36 including Bank Holidays after 5 years employment
- Option to buy back up to 15 additional holidays each year
- Commuting season ticket loans
- Loans to purchase bikes to cycle to work
- Death in Service benefit of twice annual salary for permanent staff
- Dependant’s leave
- Compassionate leave
- Public Duties leave
- Enhanced maternity pay after 2 years employment.
- Generous Sick pay for all staff on permanent or fixed-term contracts
- Free eye tests for computer users and £50 reimbursement for the cost of prescribed glasses
- Professional independent Occupational Health support for appropriate referrals
- Access to a free independent and confidential counselling service
- Free admission for staff plus family and friends to our five York Visitor Attractions including our JORVIK Viking Centre
- 25% discount on merchandise at our Attractions
- Discounts to Trust Events at applicable events
- Uniform or Personal Protective Equipment for relevant roles
To apply please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Thursday 19th May 2022 at 9am.
Interviews will be held week commencing 23rd May 2022.
JOB Reference ID – VOSH22