Because your visit is accompanied by a real archaeologist, our tours are timed. You can just turn up and join a tour or, especially during busy periods, we would suggest that you pre-book on 01904 615505 to make sure you are guaranteed to join in the fun.
Alternatively you can use our online booking service.
DIG is open every day from 10am – 5pm (last admission 4pm).
DIG is closed on the 24 / 25 /26th December and opening times may vary over the Christmas period so please call 01904 615505 or check the website for the latest opening times.
31st December – 10am – 2pm (last tour)
1st January – 11am – 4pm (last tour)
|DIG||DIG & JORVIK**||DIG & Barley Hall**||DIG & Micklegate Bar**||Pastport**|
*Maximum of 2 adults per family ticket.
**Please note that Tesco Vouchers are valid on single admission prices only and are not valid with any of the joint tickets or Pastport.
Your payment will be treated as an admission donation that entitles you and your family group to 12 months free admission from the date of payment.
- Activities at DIG are offered at different levels of difficulty and the displays are of a tactile nature which will benefit those with special needs and children.
- All exhibition areas are accessible to all, including ramps and higher-level excavation activities within the DIG area.
- York Revealed audio-visual experience and all information panels within the attraction are designed to be easy to read by those with sight difficulties.
- The lift at DIG allows full access to the classrooms, lecture rooms and offices, plus the staff facilities.
- Toilets are fully accessible.
Visiting all four attractions will (should you wish to join) provide you with a free 12 month membership to the Pastport scheme that offers various benefits to holders. (E.g. shop discount, first option to buy event tickets, coach tours etc).
YAT Pass holders will still receive entry to all four attractions for the remainder of their membership.