Because your visit is accompanied by a real archaeologist, our tours are timed. You can just turn up and join a tour or, especially during busy periods, we would suggest that you pre-book on 01904 615505 to make sure you are guaranteed to join in the fun.
Alternatively you can use our online booking service.
DIG is open every day from 10am – 5pm (last admission 4pm).
Please Note: Due to essential maintenance at least one of the DIG pits will be out of operation from 1st to 5th September. This will not affect your overall experience at DIG but we apologise in advance for any inconvenience this will cause.
DIG is closed on the 24 / 25 /26th December and opening times may vary over the Christmas period so please call 01904 615505 or check the website for the latest opening times.
31st December – 10am – 2pm (last tour)
1st January – 11am – 4pm (last tour)
Your payment will be treated as an admission donation that entitles you and your family group to 12 months free admission from the date of payment.
|DIG||DIG & JORVIK**||DIG & Barley Hall**||Pastport**|
*Maximum of 2 adults per family ticket.
If you are a UK taxpayer, you can help us further by turning your donation into a Gift Aid donation at no extra cost to you, which allows us to claim an extra 25p for every £1 you spend from the Government.
Please note this only applies to individual and family tickets, not larger groups.
Tesco Clubcard Vouchers
Please note that Tesco Vouchers are valid on single admission prices only and are not valid with any of the joint tickets or Pastport.
- Activities at DIG are offered at different levels of difficulty and the displays are of a tactile nature which will benefit those with special needs and children.
- All exhibition areas are accessible to all, including ramps and higher-level excavation activities within the DIG area.
- York Revealed audio-visual experience and all information panels within the attraction are designed to be easy to read by those with sight difficulties.
- The lift at DIG allows full access to the classrooms, lecture rooms and offices, plus the staff facilities.
- Toilets are fully accessible.
Visiting all five attractions will (should you wish to join) provide you with a free 12 month membership to the Pastport scheme that offers various benefits to holders. (E.g. first option to buy event tickets, coach tours etc).
YAT Pass holders will still receive entry to all four attractions for the remainder of their membership.