Booking a visit could not be easier. Telephone 01904 615505 or e-mail email@example.com to arrange your visit. Teachers booking a visit to JORVIK and DIG should remember to ask about DIG’s lunch space.
|Prices||DIG||DIG with JORVIK, Barley Hall, Henry VII or Richard III Experiences (choose one)||DIG with JORVIK, Barley Hall, Henry VII or Richard III Experiences (choose two) *||DIG with JORVIK, Barley Hall, Henry VII and Richard III Experiences *|
*Schools do not have to visit three or all four attractions in the same day.
Workshops £2.00 per child, or £1.50 if booked with two more attractions.
Prices may be subject to change. Please call our reservations line to confirm prices at time of booking.
One Teacher goes free with every six school children booked.
To allow for any changes in group size, payment for your booking should be made on the day of your visit. The following payment methods are accepted:
- Cheque (payable to ‘York Archaeological Trust’).
- Invoicing can be arranged if agreed at the time of booking.
Your visit to DIG will last approximately one and a half hours
Workshops last approximately 45 mins.
- DIG Risk Assessment
- Burials and Beliefs Workshop Risk Assessment
- Hearth and Home Workshop Risk Assessment
- Secrets in the Soil Workshop Risk Assessment
- Traders, Looters and Settlers Workshop Risk Assessment
A collection of downloadable PDF documents, including information sheets and activities, are available on the Classroom Resources page.
- Disabled Toilet
- Pushchair store
Code of Conduct
Please ensure your pupils respect other visitors, museum objects and attractions staff.
Staff reserve the right to ask visitors to leave if their behaviour disrupts the experience of others in the attraction.
Your tick list of things to remember:
- Book a free familiarisation visit to your chosen venue.
- Ask about our workshop programme.
- Before ringing the reservations line check you have the date and time of your visit ready to check for availability, preferably with a range of possible alternatives if your desired date is not available.
- Although we will always do our best to accommodate your group’s requirements, we are grateful for at least four weeks notice when booking workshops, outreach or Virtual Viking Outreach.
- Once you have booked, check you have received your confirmation letter from us and that all of the booking details are correct.
- Check you have the adequate number of adults accompanying your class. York Archaeological Trust recommends a 1:6 teacher pupil ratio.
- If you do not cancel a booking with at least 24hrs notice you will be charged 50% of the visit total.
- School parties should allow one hour and fifteen minutes for a visit to JORVIK and Micklegate Bar, and 90 minutes for a visit to DIG. Barley Hall visit times vary according to your booking. We request that groups arrive on time; owing to high demand, late-comers may be asked to join the queue or put into another time slot. Please be aware that this may result in you having a shorter visit length than the standard visit.
- DIG has space for up to 35 people to eat a packed lunch, free of charge. Visitors to DIG can also eat lunch in the garden. School parties booking a ‘Fit for a King’ or our ‘Medieval Day’ all eat lunch at Barley Hall. Please note that pre-booking is essential. To book a half-hour lunch slot (between 11.00 and 14.00), please request a time when booking your visit to JORVIK, DIG, Micklegate Bar, Monk Bar and Barley Hall.
- When booking workshops, a minimum group size of fifteen children applies. For information on booking workshops for smaller groups, please contact our reservations team.
- To book a a virtual outreach session, decide whether you want to use Skype or the ja.net video conferencing service (JVCS). We recommend that you check with your IT support team to find out if your local authority blocks either of these options. If you want to use Skype we need to know your Skype ID. JVCS is available for use by all ja.net primary connected organisations, schools and their guests. You can sign in as our guest if you are not a JVCS venue. If you are a JVCS venue, we need to know your venue name. When making your booking, you will also need to book a test session (normally late afternoon Wednesday-Thursday at least two weeks prior to the date of your virtual outreach session) and will need to provide a mobile contact number.